Tuesday, December 29, 2020

A hard time in 2020

I did not forget that I have this blog, but just I'm getting lazier and lazier over the time, and procrastinating at most of the time. So I had left 2019 an empty year as it has nothing much changes, except that at the end of it when Corona Covid-19 was found and spread to the whole world.

The virus, first found in Wuhan, China, and then spread in lightning speed to the whole world and caused a turmoil in each country. Lockdowns happened in almost all regions, movement were restricted to cut down the chain of virus spreading, tourism were being banned as crossing borders are not allowed. In Malaysia, we also experienced lockdown where people are not allowed to go out from their houses unless you are in the essential industries or with a valid reason (like buying groceries for the families).

Things were difficult during this pandemic time, as a lot of businesses were forced to shut down, retrenchment happening in big and small companies, pay has been cut in certain percentages in some remaining companies. People are suffering physically, mentally and emotionally from this pandemic.

For me, I finally left the former company in July, and started a new one in August. It is tough, to jump out from the comfort zone that I used to stay there for 7 years, but it is worthy to come out from it, as it widen my exposure to the outer world, and not limiting myself in an isolation.

So, for the new job, I'm still staying in the same industry, but I'm now watching the international markets and solely on the metals, both precious and base metals. I have more to learn as these are total new products. I hope I can learn more from the current job, as a preparation to build my foundation stronger.

In short, 2020 is coming to an end, and I'm hoping for a better 2021. Happy holidays and have a great year ahead to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment